In

Blueberry lemon cupcakes



These muffins tastes just like icecream when they are eaten cold, but straight from the oven the texture is just like moist brownies , the yogurt is what gives them these properties so whether you wanna use vegan yogurt or Greek yogurt it doesn't really matter, and of course you want to use the lemons because they are the best fruit that goes with blackberries for me, just make sure that you’re using organic lemons because we are going to use its zest in order to give the touch of sourness that complements well the neutral taste of blackberries.



This recipe was originally a lemon cake recipe that I found on youtube but I made it healthier by taking off the oil, adding blackberries and using whole wheat flour (or sometimes multi cereal flour) and it became the recipe that I would Wait the blackberry Saison to bake in summer, these blackberries are found in Haouaria forests that means they are wild and organic, man collect them and sell them for a very cheap price in streets and markets, that’s why I only buy them when I go there, I use them fresh or frozen it depends on what I have on hand.

A quick note : In the picture there was yogurt but ended up using one and a half yogurts and 2 TBS of canola oil as the mixture is dry .

Quick little Tip: I didn’t have my cupcake molds in the beach house so I used these little coffee mugs instead J

6 servings

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup of whole wheat flour (or multi cereal flour or gluten free flour)
  • ¾ cup of yogurt
  • 1 egg
  • One lemon
  • 1 + ½ cup of blackberries
  • ½ cup date puré
  • Pinch of salt



Method:

  1. Beat the egg with the yogurt, the zest and the juice of the lemon and a pinch of salt for 2-3 minutes
  2. Add the date puré and whisk, Add the flour and whisk manually
  3.  Add the berries and stir, spread the mixture in cupcake molds layered with backing sheet, and put them in the oven for 40 minutes in 180°C / 360°F


Related Articles

1 comments:

  1. olive oil is a Healthy alternative I guess isn't it ?

    ReplyDelete